EasyHostingASP.NET | Best review and Comparison web hosting. Both DotNetNuke and WordPress are content management systems in the public eye among booming CMSs in the field. If you are on the road to pick one between them, possibly, you are baffled about the similarities and differences they share with each other, which are disclosed by this comprehensive comparison with a target to help you get out of this dilemma.
Before start contrast, succinctly, we have compared these content management systems with a general view on some fundamental but momentous aspects. For detailed information, please check the concise table in the following.
|Compatibility with All Browsers|
|OS Platform||Windows Only||Linux or Windows|
What on Earth Are They?
Both DotNetNuke and WordPress are renowned applications working greatly for the administration of content.
- DotNetNuke – At the beginning of this project, it primarily worked as an enhancement to the IBuySpy Portal serving as an application for the .NET Framework. Being expanded by the community, later, it evolves to be a web content management system including one free community version and two commercial versions. With its prosperity, by far, there are innumerable companies offering DotNetNuke hosting services.
- WordPress – Initially, this project is released on May 27th, 2003 as CMS and blogging tool that is free of charge. With improvements, by the August of 2013, it has already been employed by more than 22.0% of the top 10 million websites. With its market share growing, countless companies compete with each other to provide high-quality WordPress hosting services.
DotNetNuke VS WordPress > Similarity
Although both of them work as CMSs, but their similarities are distinctively exceeded by the differences they bear.
- Both Are Cost-Free Services – Totally, DotNetNuke releases 3 versions including one community version that is free and two commercial versions that charge fees. Hence, webmasters are capable of having free access to DNN service if choosing the community version. As for WordPress, it refers to two kinds of options consisting of WordPress.com and WordPress.org both of which are free. In below, we mainly focus on WordPress.org.
- No Technical Background Required – Both of them aim at helping webmasters to administrate the content of their websites efficiently without meeting strict requirements in technical knowledge and skills. Therefore, even a fresh hand is capable of applying both of them without hurdles.
DotNetNuke VS WordPress > Differences
When it comes to this part, DotNetNuke and WordPress differ with each other to a great extent. To make these differences clear, we have explained them one by one in the following concise lists.
Summary – The Option Lies on Personal Preference
Through the above thorough contrast, we have carefully compared these two CMS. In conclusion, if you need technologies and settings related to ASP.NET or C#, then DotNetNuke is a preferable choice. Otherwise, we are prone to recommend WordPress which serves as a good option for both green hands and veterans in blogging. Hence, the choice depends on your personal requirements.
Latest posts by Alexia Pamelov (see all)
- 35% OFF Best ASP.NET Core 2.0 Hosting in Australia - August 22, 2017
- BestASP.NET Core 2.0 Hosting Comparison :: UKWindowsHostASP.NET vs UnitedHosting - August 21, 2017
- Best ASP.NET Hosting Comparison – WebHostingBuzz VS HostForLIFE - August 18, 2017