EasyHostingASP.NET | Needless to say that in the continuously evolving world of web technologies to run a competitive business, your site should be in the top 10 list in most of the search engines. To pack a site with compelling, fresh and useful content and to make regular changes and updates users often turn to CMS solutions to get the job. It has been an endless debate in between WordPress, Joomla and Drupal over which one is better than the other in terms of SEO capabilities.
There is over thousand open source CMS available at the market but when major content management principles are of concern, three names like WordPress, Joomla and Drupal come first. When it comes to SEO – one of the unresolved questions is which of the aforementioned three provides the best optimization features? Lets explore from a SEO perspective and figure out which one is an award-winning in terms of optimization capabilities.
- WordPress is a great website platform to use that tries its best by simplifying the process of optimization for its users. However, the real SEO power of WordPress doesn’t come out the box, but is found among the countless plugins available. There are some fantastic plugins which make advanced SEO super-easy in WordPress. Consider using popular plug-ins such as Yoast or All in One Pack that really let your optimization efforts soar. To reflect it – WordPress allows to create tags for posts, something which Joomla doesn’t allow without the use of an extension. Besides, it is possible to optimize permalink structures and set all the appropriate metadata for pages and posts. The bottom line is that in WordPress it is quite possible get high rankings even if you are totally new to the whole website game.
- Joomla requires the most initial care and attention in terms of SEO, but, contrastingly, it has great potential to rank very high in case a website and pages are set up properly. The software contains basic SEO-optimization functionality that can be extended by experienced developers’ hands. In Joomla it is possible to turn on SEF URLs, take it a step further by enabling URL rewriting and also choose whether to enable URL suffixes or not. Besides, you can add global meta description and meta keywords, as well as define meta tags and title tags at a page level. However, all the process is not as user-friendly as it potentially could be. In short, if a Joomla website needs more than just a basic optimization, one should be ready to get hands dirty since Joomla proper on-site optimization is not a one-click affair at all, especially for newbies and first-time users.
- Drupal has the best SEO capability that is readily available. It provides its users with several modules available for any SEO activity and tracking of the web statistics. It can automatically produce customizable meta tags or create title based URL nodes for a website, a characteristic that is lacking with WordPress and Joomla. Additionally, it supports RDF and integrates very easily with Google Analytics and offers more advanced SEO facility settings. However, there’s one roadblock to unleashing its powerful SEO features – Drupal is extremely challenging for those without much website experience.
To conclude with another good news, all content management systems need some extra work or add-on SEO modules to maximize their SEO capabilities. To be specific, designers and average users swear by WordPress, while programmers and geeks drool over Drupal. Joomla meets everybody somewhere in the middle. Which one is best is quite a loaded question because there really isn’t a best – there’s only the best for the situation you’re in. Consequently, take your time to evaluate your experience, requirements and budget and make probably the most important decision in your life. In case, you are ready to take the plunge and migrate to WordPress, Joomla or Drupal.
Latest posts by Alexia Pamelov (see all)
- Cheap Magento 2.1.6 Hosting Recommendation - June 20, 2017
- Best IIS 10 Hosting Comparison – DiscountService.biz VS WebCity - June 19, 2017
- Find The Best ASP.NET Core 2.0 Hosting Comparison in UK - June 16, 2017